My name is Michelle and welcome to my little corner of the Internet.
In March 2010 I purchased my first place – a one bedroom condo in a great heritage building in Toronto. I started my blog about 9 months after I moved into my place to document my journey in making my condo a home. It’s proving to be a slow process mostly because I’m on a tight budget and also because I’m a bit of a procrastinator. While I do admit to having rather expensive tastes I’d rather pay off my mortgage so lovely designer furnishings at not so lovely designer prices are not going to be found in my home (sob!). Instead I’ve been furnishing my home with second hand furniture and DIY projects in the hope of making my home look like I had a significant decor budget.
I have no training in interior design so this adventure will more than likely have some mishaps along the way but I’m hoping the successes will far outnumber those hiccups.
My aim is to post about once a week, but there will be some weeks that will be missed. Most of what I post on this blog will be home and decor related, but from time to time I’ll write about other things that interest me.
To end this little bio – here are some random facts about me:
- I was born in Montreal, grew up in Toronto, and lived in Ottawa for a number of years before returning to Toronto.
- I hate the cold – problematic given I live in Canada.
- I was a synchronized swimmer growing up – even going to Nationals.
- I don’t float, which makes the preceding random fact rather ironic.
- I LOVE to travel – the list of places I’ve visited is fairly long, but the list of places I want to see is even longer.
- I had a goldfish named ‘Chubby’ as a child.
- I am the first of two children
- I was born on March 8th
- I am a MAJOR chocoholic
- I speak French although it’s a bit rusty from disuse. Would anyone like to send me to Paris so I can brush up?