Here we are in July already – can you believe it? I’m having trouble. It seems like only a few weeks ago it was Christmas, and then New Years, and now it’s summer with all that it brings – trips to the cottage or beach, sweltering weather, eating an ice cream cone while sitting on a park bench, visiting relatives, going to camp, and epic road trips. It also brings kids snowsuits for sale at Costco, and Christmas decorations for sale at Michael’s, but that’s another story.
With the year being more than half over (it’s scary when I put it like that isn’t it?) I though it was time for a check-up on the my list of to-dos that I posted back at the start of 2012.
Stuff to finish
- Repair (or have repaired) the ceiling in the dining room. (I got a quote on this – it was $1000 – ouch)
- Paint the walls in the dining room (this will happen after I get the walls repaired – see #1)
- Spruce up the kitchen (so far I’ve only replaced my door handles)
- Get some additional storage for the dining room
- Come up with a better furniture layout for the living room (yup, this was done, although I still have to choose between the six)
- Finish my dresser project (This is complete, with wonderful (in my opinion) results)
- Paint the living room a colour other than white.
- Get actual window coverings for the bedroom, living room and dining room
- Get or make some art for the walls (My collection is growing)
- Actually hang the art on the walls!
- Get a rug for the foyer that can fit under the door when it opens.
- Get bedside tables that are not two different sizes.
- Get a prettier TV console (it’s purchased, and being worked on)
- Add some more storage to living room
- Purge my bookcase
- Paint my bedroom
- Get a rug for my bedroom.
- Refinish those chairs I bought last spring . . . (yeah, no. Sigh)
- Install my dining room light
- Remove doors into dining room and living room.
- Get more lighting for the living room
I’m also going to share some goals I’d like to reach when it comes to this blog:
- Consider a move from wordpress.com to wordpress.org (Done)
- Learn to take better photographs (I bought a better camera – does that count?)
- Increase average posts a week from 1 to 2.
- Reach 100,000 views (On January 2nd I had 22,000. It’s just over 50,000 now)
Okay, maybe I’ll toss in some personal ones too.
- Start taking my lunch to work EVERY DAY (okay, 4 out of 5 days)
- Get back into running, and do at least one 10K race in 2012
- Buy myself flowers every so often ‘just-because’ (I switched this to buying myself monthly flowers – I’ve actually done this every month, although admittedly most months the flowers are purchased on the last day – you can see them here: February, March, April, May, June)
Alright then. Not a very successful start to the year (at least when it comes to getting some of these completed). Looks like I’m going to have a very busy second half of 2012.
What about you? Did you make a resolution/to-do list for 2012? How are you making out?